Bureau of Skills Assessment
Modular Employable Skills (SDI Scheme)
The Directorate General of Employment and Training under the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India has accredited as an Assessing Body for various sectors and courses under the Skill Development Initiative (Scheme) based on Modular Employable Skills (MES). Successful candidates will be awarded NCVT Certificates. The geographical jurisdiction extends to States and Union Territories such as Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Maharashtra, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep.
I.To provide vocational training to school leavers, existing workers, ITI graduates, etc. to improve their employability by optimally utilizing the infrastructure available in Govt., private institutions and the Industry. Existing skills of the persons can also be tested and certified under this scheme.
II.To build capacity in the area of development of competency standards, course curricula, learning material and assessment standards in the country.
Who Can Apply:-
- Workers seeking certification of their skills acquired informally
- Workers and ITI graduates seeking skill up-gradation
- Early school drop-outs and unemployed
- Previously child labour and their families
- Trained candidates who do not have formal certification
The minimum age limit for persons to take part in the scheme is 14 years but there is no upper age limit.
Around 1004 courses under various sectors have been approved by the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT)
- Down load the application form in A4 Size paper.
- Download the Instructions and read carefully.
- Fill in the details as required in the application form
- Affix a recent passport size photograph in the space provided
- Get Demand Draft from Nationalised/ Scheduled bank for the prescribed examination fee as mentioned in the list of courses
- Attach the required documentary proof for age, qualification, caste, financial status etc. as mentioned in the Instructions
- Sent by an Email to Bureau of Skills Assessments.
Assessment Test will be conducted in designated Test Centres identified by Bureau of Skills Assessments. Details of Test Centres with date and time of the test will be intimated to the students, well in advance. Institutions, Workshops/ Laboratories with adequate infrastructure facilities will be considered for designating as Test Centres.
Bureau of Skill Assessments will form a panel of Assessors of high repute and integrity, sector wise and location wise. Faculty members of various ITIs / ITCs and other technical and non technical training institutions with valid industrial/ teaching experience.
The Test fee will be Rs.500- 800 depending on the skill area. The candidate has to deposit the assessment fee as Demand Draft along with duly filled in application form to the assessing body. Details of courses along with Assessment/ Test fee are given in the table- List of Sectors and Courses.
Reimbursement of assessment fee:-
The assessment fee will be reimbursed to all successful persons who have received training from approved Vocational Training Providers. In respect of persons who directly approach the Assessing Body for assessment of their skills, assessment fee will be reimbursed to persons belonging to disadvantaged groups (SC, ST, OBC, persons with disabilities), women and poorer sections of the society who pass the test
Testing and certification procedure:-
The steps involved in testing and certification of competencies of candidates are mentioned below:
Note: BSA denotes Bureau of Skills Assessments
1. BSA will identify Test Centres (Coordinator) for various sectors.
2. BSA will empanel Assessors – sector wise and area wise
3. BSA or its authorised Coordinators will collect testing fee in the form of Demand Draft (DD) and register the candidates on Web based software/ manually. DD should be drawn in favors of Assessing Body.
4. BSA will process the registration data & dispatch call letter to candidates indicating details about Coordinator, date, etc.
5. BSA will prepare test (question) papers based on the assessment criteria / competency based standards (Question Bank) approved by NCVT & dispatch to the Assessors identified by it.
6. BSA will communicate to the Test Centre the details of candidates to appear for test in various MES courses, requirement of infrastructure, raw materials, etc.
7. Test Centre will make necessary arrangements for test as per direction given by BSA.
8. BSA will prepare assessment guidelines & marking procedures for the guidance of Assessors.
9. Tests will be conducted in Test Centres by the Assessors appointed by the BSA
10. Assessor will prepare result at the end of Assessment day and send it to BSA
11. Assessing Body will consolidate result and will enter the results into Web based software & communicate to the RDAT
12. RDAT on behalf of DGET will approve results and send the NCVT certificates to BSA through registered post within 15 days. BSA will issue certificate to the Candidate within 7 days
The assessment shall have two sections:
Section A- Theoretical/ Viva
Related Theory and soft skills
Identification of tools, equipment and raw materials
Section B – Practical
Assessment of practical competencies
Candidates who pass the test will be awarded certificates issued by National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT). BSA will send the list of successful candidates along with marks statement to respective Regional Directorate of Apprenticeship Training (RDAT) under DGE&T for issue of certificates. RDAT will issue certificates to the BSA for dispatching to successful candidates by giving the details of competencies possessed by the trainee.